OUR BEST OFFERS EVER! Up to 50% OFF • 5 YEARS INTEREST FREE!
While all conservatories and orangeries are a great solution for adding space and natural light to your property – there are some common problems associated with the traditional glass roof. At Walkers Windows, all our glass roofs are A-rated which means they work to keep the warmth in during winter and the heat out during summer. However, if your glass roof isn’t A-rated and isn’t doing its job, using your conservatory all year round can be impossible as it will effectively act like a greenhouse in summer and a freezer room in winter!
If you’re considering installing a conservatory or orangery to your property but you’re worried that it will be too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter – a tiled roof could be the answer to all your fears. A tiled roof will enable you to enjoy your conservatory whatever the weather as it will work to keep the heat in during those cold winter months, and keep the heat out during the height of summer.
Here are Walkers Windows favourite reasons to opt for a tiled roof:
- You can still enjoy the natural light as all tiled roofs can be fitted with roof lights to maintain the bright and airy feel of a traditionally glazed conservatory roof.
- Your new space will feel like a complete new room in its own right as a tiled roof will make your space feel cosy and help it seamlessly join it with the rest of your home. The internal surface of the roof can be finished with a modern plasterboard or tongue and groove timber ceiling, creating the look and feel of a conventional home extension.
- Roofs can be fitted with premium slate style tiles or standard steel tiles in a range of colours to complement your home.
- Tiled roofs are fully insulated which means you don’t have to constantly heat your conservatory – saving on heating bills and in turn saving you money.
- Likewise, in the summer there is no need for expensive air conditioning as the solid roof will shield your space from the heat of the sun.
- Unlike on traditional glazed conservatories and orangeries, tiled roof offer effective weather protection in the form of reduced glare from the sun and sound protection against the pattering of the rain.
- Tiled roof systems are suitable for installation on new conservatories as well as existing ones – so if you fancy a change from your glass roof, you can easily switch to a tiled one with little or no hassle!
- If you’re interested in finding out more about the tiled roofs Walkers Windows can offer, call us for a free no obligation quote on 0800 849 2229 today!
If you’re interested in finding out more about the tiled roofs Walkers Windows can offer, call us for a free no obligation quote on 0800 849 2229 today!